Depending on the purpose of your travel to Austria, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside there permanently, you will have to apply for a different Austria Schengen Visa, accordingly.
You can apply for the Austrian Schengen Visa since 1997 when Austria as an EU Member State also became a member state of the Schengen Area.
General required documents for a Austrian Schengen Visa Application:
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format a recent whole-face capture with a light background
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas valid for at least 3 months beyond return date are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Travel health insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 coverage within Austria and the entire Schengen area.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Austria and itinerary
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Austria
- Hotel reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Austria.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Austria
More information: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/austria-visa/
A Letter of Invitation is a proof that your paper submission and registration application are accepted by the conference committee board. It perhaps could help with your visa application. However, it does not guarantee you a visa. The invitation leter will be issued ONLY after you have registered and full payment has been received.Rejection of visa application cannot be the reason to require fee refund.
1. The invitation letter will be issued after the successful registration.
2. Your name must be listed exactly as it appears on your passport. Any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa.
3. Please note ICIMP Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference are not authorized to assist with the VISA process beyond providing the Notification of Invitation Letter issued by ICIMP Conferences and conference Committee Board. Should your application be denied, ICIMP Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference cannot change the decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, nor will ICIMP Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference engage in discussion or correspondence with the MOFA or the Embassy on behalf of the applicant. The registration fee cannot be refunded when the VISA application of individual being denied.
4. It takes around one month for the Embassy to process the VISA application, please register as early as you can to make sure you have enough time.